- Satellite Laser Ranging(SLR) Based Satellite Orbit Determination
- Inter-satellite Link(ISL) Based Satellite Orbit Determination
- Real-time On-board Orbit Determination using Kalman Filter
- Navigation System Hardware Simulator Development/Applications
- Korea Regional Navigation Satellite System (KRNSS) Development
- Optimizing the Ground Station for KRNSS Monitoring
- Orbit Ephemeris Generation for Satellite Navigation System
- Orbit Ephemeris Update/Quality Assessment Research
Space Flight Dynamics Software Development for Korean Lunar Exploration
– Build FDS for the Korean Lunar exploration program
– Develop of data simulation module for processing/generating DSN data & error corrections
– Develop of DSN-based orbit determination module
– Achieve 1km-level orbit determination precision
– Develop event prediction module for predicting various celestial phenomena
Lunar Mission Design and Analysis using CubeSat and Smartphone-sat
– Preliminary Lunar CubeSat/phonesat mission design
Development of GMAT components III
– General Mission Analysis Tool (GMAT)
– Visualization of launch trajectory
– Accurate celestial event location capability through SPICE kernel
– High-fidelity low-thrust trajectory optimization capability based on Gauss-Legendre-Radau collocation method
- Design & Development of multiple spacecraft motion testbed
- Demonstrate proximity operation between spacecrafts
- Apply and verify modern control formation flying techniques
- Development of Inter-satellite ranging instrument based on laser ranging
- Development of satellite relative navigation algorithm using laser distance meter
CANYVAL-C mission is aimed at scientific validation of photographing the sun’s corona.
This mission is the application of Virtual Telescope technology that uses several discrete satellites as a space telescope.
The mission requires development of inertial alignment hold technology, spacecraft formation flying GNC technology and inter-satellite link technology.
CANYVAL-C is a subsequent mission of CANYVAL-X, technical experiment mission of virtual telescope, and expects further projects of solar science and X-ray objective science mission.
The CANYVAL-C system consists of two CubeSats, ‘PUMBAA’ and ‘TIMON’. PUMBAA, the occulter, is a 2U CubeSat that covers the sun for corona imaging.
TIMON, the detector, is an 1U CubeSat that takes a coronagraph with an optical camera.
The CubeSats are planned to be launched in July, 2019.
- Supporting Korea Lunar Pathfinder Mission
- Develop algorithm of Ephemeris data compression.
- Verify the algorithm through simulations.
- Develop on-board ephemeris generation algorithm for Korean Lunar Exploration.
- Develop software for compressed ephemeris data that will be used on Ground station.
- Implement the algorithm to GMAT
- Develop of initial orbit determination software using elevation/azimuth angle
- Develop of precise orbit determination software using batch least-square algorithm and optical observation model
- Performance analysis of precise orbit determination using Optical Wide-field Patrol (OWL) observation data